Sunday, February 26, 2012

Entomophagy; People Eating Insects; Eating Pet Foods

So you want to try eating bugs?  Many people are and more by the day.  Entomophagy is here to stay. I wonder how many people consider, what did that bug eat?

I'm learning about raising insects and Entomophagy as I go.  By no means am I the Entomologist or Entomophagy expert but I do somewhat pride myself as having a bit of common sense. 

Do you know what bait farmers feed their livestock?  Was that cricket you just ate raised on dog or cat food?  What's in the cat food?  Do you care? I do.

People should be just as concerned about the insects they intend to eat as if they were going to buy meat at the grocery store.  There has been alot of talk about beef cattle fed chicken manure. Pork swine which were fed chickens which were given growth hormones and the like. 

The bait farmer is going to feed whatever is the cheapest.  If I were you and I was going to buy insects to eat, I would want to know.  Even people who feed insects to their pet lizards care what the insects were raised on.  It means the difference in particular insect nutrition which in turn results in the health of the pet.  You are worth more than a lizard are you not?

Bait is bait and is raised to be bait. Bait is for fishing, not for eating. People should not eat bait.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated prior to posting.